Recognition of previous skills, diplomas or degrees

In most situations, your employer will be able to assess whether your skills and competencies are sufficient for the job.

However, there are a number of regulated professions in Finland where a certain education, degree, or right to practice is required by law. These occupations exist, for example, in the health care, education, social care, food, transport, and rescue sectors.

If you have obtained a qualification for such a profession abroad, you must apply for recognition of the degree before you can work in Finland. For basic information about your situation, see the Qualifications Recognition Service Guide.